Capacity Development Initiatives
The Wetlands Division provides technical handholding via regional workshops and review
meetings to strengthen the capacity of wetland managers and stakeholders for effective management of wetlands.
Since April 2020, virtual conferences have been conducted with the Knowledge Partners to scale up the work done
in Phase 1 of Wetland Rejuvenation Programme.
Some of the important workshops held previously include :
- Regional Workshop on Wetland Restoration of Southern States, Kochi, Kerala, 25-26 March, 2023
- Report on National Level Celebration of World Wetlands Day, Regional Workshop and Save Wetlands Campaign Goa – 2nd – 4th February 2023
- Brief Report on national-level celebration of World Wetlands Day 2022
- Regional Workshop on Conservation & Management of wetlands in North-Eastern Region, Manipur, 23rd – 24th January 2020
- Regional Workshop on Conservation & Management of Southern Wetlands, Kerala, 6th – 7th January 2020
- Regional Workshop for Management of Wetlands in the Northern Region, Chandigarh, 16th – 17th December 2019
- Regional Workshop for wetland managers of wetlands of UP, WB, Bihar, Jharkhand and Odisha, West Bengal, 26th – 27th September 2019
- One-Day Brainstorming Workshop for developing a National Policy Framework for Wetland Conservation & Wise Use to be held on 28th January 2019
Online courses and training material & other initiatives are being developed to enhance digital outreach. A wetland module has been introduced for probationers in Indira Gandhi National Forest Academy (IGNFA)..
The Division has also come out with guidelines and publications for dissemination of information regarding wetlands. The Guidelines provide a roadmap for implementation of regulatory framework while the booklets and other publication are prepared for awareness and knowledge in public domain as well as internal consumption. Annual celebrations of World Wetland Day are also steered by the Ministry.